My regular readers might have noticed a drop off in the number and frequency of paid posts lately (and might be glad for it, too). To be honest, the main reason for it is that it's a tough time to be a Postie with a Blogspot blog these days. More and more advertisers are opting to exclude from their opportunities those with blogs on many of the major free hosting sites. That also goes for Wordpress, Live Journal, Xanga and Myspace.
If you find yourself in that boat, you might want to check out Geek's Corner, who is offering to help out fellow and potential Posties who want to switch to their own paid hosting domains by granting two free months on their partner web host. I'm reluctant to move, myself, for various and sundry complicated and neurotic reasons, and if and when I do decide to move I've already got a host; but I'm sure there are plenty of other Posties out there for whom the prospect of switching to a paid host is looking more and more attractive.
Geek's Corner is run by fellow Postie Azrin, a native of Singapore. Check out his wife's personal blog while you're over there. It's a neat read, and choc full of food porn. Check out that chocolate cake! Mmm, cake.
2 comments:
Correction :
I'm a Singaporean walking about in Europe and being a small island with loads of mind juice, we love to do our walkabouts.
Anyway, thanks for the quick and good review, and take up on my offer will ya.I'm coming up with an even better offer: TOTALLY FREE HOSTING for the year.
BTW, install the referer.org script so U can pinch off some of my (random blogwalking) visitors thanks to a script I made for MyBlogLog.
Good luck and keep it going.May the force be with you.
Azrin
Ah, sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the correction. I'll fix it in the post.
I'll install the referrer.org script as soon as I get time to tinker with the blog. Thanks!
Post a Comment