He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

March 16, 2007

Mean Jean the Writing Machine

This morning I quit tinkering around with my outline and started re-writing in earnest. I hit my thousand original word quota in addition to a lot of revisions. Not a bad way to leave off for the weekend.

Another thing I discovered about doing my outline in PowerPoint is that I can enter snippets of dialogue or what have you in the notes sections for the appropriate scenes as I come up with them. It's much, much neater than my old way.

I finally submitted my AC article yesterday. I think I spent way more time on it than their pay scale will make worth my while, but at least I can be proud that I did a good job. Now here's hoping it gets approved so it won't be a complete waste of time.

As for what I'd planned to do this week that didn't get done, the list is long. I won't be able to make it up today, either, since between finishing up the article and hiding out to nurse my juju back to health yesterday I neglected a lot of job duties, and I'll be making those up today instead. I still feel good about the amount of writing I accomplished this week, though. I also feel pretty good about the quality, which doesn't always go hand-in-hand with quantity. I'm chalking it up as a good week for the writing.

And now I'm getting to work.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...