He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

March 20, 2007

Update on Prosper

Prosper gave me the go ahead this morning to post my loan listing, but they also said that they mailed me (as in snail mail, on a postcard) a verification code, so I'm not sure whether I still have to wait until I get that and can verify my account before I can really move forward. The way this week's shaping up, though, the postcard might show up before I get time to put the finishing touches on my request and post my listing, anyway.

A kind Prosper member stopped by here a couple of weeks ago and left some advice in the comment trail to the effect that I should use this waiting period to round up references to post some endorsements on the site for me. I tried that, but no luck. I'm certain that everyone I asked must have reasons for not endorsing me OTHER than that they think I'm not good for the loan. Tess, f'rinstance, told me that the link in the invitation I sent her didn't work and then she got busy and forgot all about it. My mom said she'd do it if I could help her, but we haven't been able to find the mutual time to sit down and walk through the process. I know several other people I sent the request to are insanely busy. And, love my sisters, but they're not the most quick-on-the-draw people I know. Matt would totally do it, but I'm assuming spouses don't count. So there you have it: no endorsement soup for me.

Anyway, I'm getting closer. I'm going to try to have my listing posted by the end of the week.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I filled a recommendation out and had everything ready, but when I posted, things got hinky, and I don't know if it went through or not.

Jean Bauhaus said...

Apparently it didn't. I really appreciate that you tried, though. Thanks.

Unknown said...

It it too late to submit one? I honestly meant to do it, but my inbox ate the email. Also, I forgot. *facepalm*

Jean Bauhaus said...

It's never too late!

Seriously, it's not. I haven't even posted my listing yet, and once I do it'll be up for a week. I think even just one endorsement could make a big difference for me. Thank you so much for even intending to, sweetie. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I had over 300 hundred emails when I got back from Costa Rica, including the recommendation for you. But as it has vanished, I assume I accidently deleted it as I was cleaning out my inbox.

Could you resend the information?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...