He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

March 21, 2007

You mean you can stay home when you feel bad and still get paid?

CAG is out sick today, and her ultra-needy project mates have had me running around like the proverbial headless chicken for the last hour, and already have loaded me up with enough work to occupy the rest of my morning. I'm pretty sure I can kiss any further writing plans for today goodbye. At least I got my thousand words in, so that's something.

Her team really makes me appreciate the overall self-sufficiency of MY team, and that's all I'm going to say about that.

You know, I keep forgetting that I have paid sick days. The last couple years in the service of temp agencies trained me to come to work no matter how crappy I feel, as long as I'm not contagious, if I want to get paid. The next time I feel crappy, I just might have to go ahead and take advantage of one of my sick days. That's what they're there for, after all.

Anyway, busy. Today'll probably be a low-volume post day.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...