I went. I overdid it. I almost passed out.
Good times!
I was especially touched by the heartwarming complete lack of concern my ten or so locker roommates showed upon finding me slumped over a chair with my head in my hands, fighting not to faint or throw up. Bizzatches.
To be fair, not to mention brutally honest with myself, I'm sure that if I'd been in their position I'd have ignored me too. I'm sure my thought process would have gone something like this: "She doesn't look so good. I wonder if she needs help. I should go check on her. But I don't want to bother her. Maybe somebody else will check on her. Crap, nobody's checking on her. Maybe I should go get somebody who works here. Would that embarrass her? It would embarrass the crap outta me. Maybe I should just go ask. Oh, hey, she's getting up! She'll be fine. Crisis averted. Oh look, the changing room's free."
But back to the almost fainting. I'm not sure whether the culprit was intensifying my workout, or not eating beforehand, or the one-two punch combo, but my primary suspect is the not eating first. I don't react so well to low blood sugar under the least strenuous of conditions, which is why I usually eat before I head over there. Today, though, I ate a fairly late breakfast and I wasn't hungry yet, so I figured I could wait to eat till I got back. I won't be making that mistake again.
I did, as I mentioned, step up my workout, and I'm proud of myself for that. I added a set of three-pound hand weights to the power walking portion of my workout, and I kept up a faster walking pace in between my jogging spurts. Now if I can just manage to keep my eating habits under control for more than three or four days at a time, maybe that'll provide the boost my metabolism needs to start shedding these winter pounds.
I'm eating now, and feeling better. Fat-free turkey chili with some cheese and corn chips. I measured everything out to Zone specifications, which is not something I've been bothering to do lately. So, y'know, no wonder I'm not losing weight.
2 comments:
Thus why the Army has a very funny doctorine :
Always carry a pack of snickers and a packet of isotonic drink so you won't get a fainting spell or worse, Heat Stroke.
BTW, what's a BOTD whatever U call it?
Azrin
PS:wanna join my next project?
Blog Of The Day. Sorry.
I might.
Post a Comment