He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

October 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: Frightfest


13 Scary Movie Moments That Scarred Me For Life


1. Samara crawling out of the TV.

2. Mike standing in the corner while Heather's camera falls to the ground.

3. Kayako crawling down the stairs.

4. The clown doll grabbing Robbie and pulling him under the bed.

5. Freddy's tongue coming out of the phone to lick Nancy.

6. The shower scene. Yes, that one. That one, too.

7. Jason jumping up out of the water at the end of the first movie.

8. Pretty much the entirety of Jaws.

9. The last half-hour or so of The Descent.

10. Jason Patrick's rice turning into maggots while Kiefer laughs.

11. Pennywise peeking out of the sewers (hi, ask me about my clown issues).

12. Many parts of the original Amityville Horror.

13. "They're heeeere!"

Links to other Thursday Thirteens in the comments!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



11 comments:

Holly said...

I'm so with you! Especially Samara climbing out of the t.v. That was horrible.

How about Children of the Corn. Pretty much the entire movie. EEK!

Jean Bauhaus said...

That one actually came very close to making the list. "Malachiiiiiii!" Yeee.

soleil said...

that clown is so freaky the way he is all normal looking and then suddenly his smile becomes demonic and he moves. very scary. and what about the chucky movies??? those scared me so bad as a kid. i couldn't even watch the third one all the way through. definitely scarring.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Poltergeist did me in. I don't remember how old I was when I first saw it, but life hasn't been the same since then.

Happy TT! Thanks for stopping by!

Jean Bauhaus said...

What's really sad is that I was JUST beginning to get over my Poltergeist-inspired fear of TV static when I went and saw The Ring and got scared of my TV all over again.

Qtpies7 said...

I couldn't even stand Pennywise popping out of the sewers in the book!
I quit reading and watching horror stories, I have enough trouble sleeping between having kids and my fear of spiders!

Anonymous said...

#6 and #8 scarred me, too! Of course, the place I live in now has no bathtub, so I just have to hope that the cats will warn me :D

Great list!

Wakela said...

Great list! I have to agree with you about Freddie's tongue. I was still in high school when that came out. My parents were happy since I refused to talk on the phone for about a week or two after that. It was way too freaky.

samulli said...

Huh, I didn't recognize all of them, so I probably should be watching more scary movies. :)
I certainly agree about the ones I know, though. Pennywise was my worst nightmare for months after reading the book already, so I really shouldn't have watched that movie at all.
Jaws on the other hand was just funny. But then, I love sharks. ;)

Anonymous said...

What about the last moments of Carrie? You know, when her friend is laying flowers on her grave and...

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen a whole lot of horror movies, but Blair Witch Project totally did it for me.

I stayed up until 6 am (sunrise, basically) reading Anne of Green Gables to "de-freak" myself. Only then could I sleep.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...