He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

August 1, 2008

I'm awake!

Holy frak, it's August already! Insert lame lazy/busy blogger apology here. Seriously, I have all kinds of excuses, you guys, but they're all painfully boring and/or too personal to share here.

Will you forgive me if I shower you with links? Because I have links. Boy, have I got links. First, though, a quick update: I'm feeling much, much better now (not counting a mild caffeine withdrawal headache, but my doctor, Dr. Pepper, is taking care of that). The answer to my grogginess turned out to be as simple as switching back from Zyrtec to Claritin. The Claritin's not quite as effective, but I'd rather be mildly sniffly and awake than a freely breathing zombie. Now I'm so wide awake I don't even need caffeine! ...which I decided to put to the test today. Which is why I now have a headache. So I won't be making that mistake again.

And now, in no particular order, links:

Tumbler: Autobot Edition - a Bat mobile/Transformers mashup. Somebody put a lot of thought into this, and it's pretty cool.

The State of the Web - Summer 2008 - some of these are lost on me (what's that two girls and a cup thing all about? Do I really want to know?), but still funny.

I Miss Buffy - Remember that "I Miss Buffy" song? Well, now there's a whole CD, featuring that song and others, including such hits as "Kinda Wish D'Hoffryn Was My Boyfriend", "Lipstick Wiccans", and "I Think My Roommate Is a Demon With a Soul".

Neil Patrick Harris as the Sesame Street Shoe Fairy - for those of us (isn't that pretty much everybody?) who didn't get enough Singing!NPH in Dr. Horrible. Plus, Muppets!

And speaking of Muppets: Groverfield. It's exactly what it sounds like. "Hellooo everybuddeeeeeee!"

The Evil League of Evil will soon begin accepting applications, so get to work perfecting that evil laughter.

If you're pining for some Buffyverse academia, here's an interesting (and kinda long) character study of Spike.

Bad Horse ringtone - "Bad horse! Bad horse! Bad horse! He's bad!" I want this desperately to be my ringtone, but I can't figure out how to get it on my phone. Guess I'm stuck with the Fruity Oaty Bar jingle.

Captain Hammer vs. Captain Tightpants - yup, that looks about right.

Cake Wrecks - Oh, dear. There just are no words...and yet this blogger finds some funny ones to apply anyway.

And finally...

DO NOT PRESS. Don't say I didn't warn you.

1 comment:

ShopDownLite.com said...

I love the cakewrecks one - really fun.
Stef
http://www.shopdownlite.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...