He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

March 31, 2009

Better, take three

I hesitate to mention that I'm feeling better, because so far every time I've done that I've ended up back in bed feeling miserable. But I'm on day three of betterness, so I think it's finally safe to say I'm done being sick (knock particle board).

So, what was it, 13 days? Yes. 13 days of running a low fever and generally feeling miserable. No sir, I didn't like it. But it's over now, thanks to leftover antibiotics given to me by a family member who wishes to remain nameless. I tried to obtain them legitimately, along with a real, doctor-certified diagnosis. I got up early last Wednesday and drove across town to a free clinic, but I didn't get there early enough, and they were already full and had to turn me away. I know the nurse lady felt bad doing so, especially after I burst into tears as soon as she told me (I didn't mean to, and I was as surprised by the outburst as she was).

She gave me a list of other clinics, but they were all Wednesday morning clinics, and most likely were also full-up. Since said family member had already dropped off several days' worth of Amoxycillin at my mom's, and since I was 99% positive without needing a doctor to tell me that I had a sinus infection, and also since I refused to suffer an entire 'nother week to get treatment if I didn't have to, I wiped my eyes and drove out to my mommy's house, where I received much TLC and baby snuggles (she was babysitting my wee nephew, who was so happy to see me that I wanted to take him home and keep him forever and ever. You guys, he even ignored Yo Gabba Gabba for me! He didn't even do that for his birthday cake! For Liam, that is true love.) along with tea and medicine. I love my mommy.

I took it easy the rest of the week while letting the meds do their thing, and now I dare say that I'm fully recovered. Thank God for antibiotics, y'all (and for mommies).

Now that I'm back up to speed, I'm also back to work: building a new web site, editing my novel, and getting hired to be a Social Networking Specialist (and who knew there even was such a thing?) for Internet Girl Friday have been at the top of list. I also finally finished cleaning and organizing my craft room (I've stopped calling it my office. Without a computer, it's not really much of an office, is it? But someday--yes, SOMEDAY, I tell you!--I will get a laptop and all of that will change, and then I'll stop having to interrupt my workday to let my husband check in with his online classes, and all will be well). I'm trying to work blogging back onto the list, too, and this is my attempt at that.

And now you know all that is going on with me. I should get back to work on building that web site, which you shall hear all about in this space once it's done. Until then, it'll be pretty quiet here for just a little while longer. Thank you for understanding, and for being awesome.


Erin Palette said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, bestie! *hugs*

bojojoti said...

Hopefully with better weather, some of this respiratory stuff will go way.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're getting better. You seem to be keeping yourself well occupied during the unemployment - I'm really bored.

Really, really bored.

Like, can-I-drive-to-Tulsa-and-visit-you bored?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...