He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

July 27, 2009

Writing and Creativity Links - 7.27.2009

Some of these tabs have been open in my browser for more than a week. Time to put them to rest.

Footsteps To a Novel - A great breakdown from author Margaret McGaffey Fisk on how to get started turning your basic idea into a full-blown novel. Even after I've written a few, I still found this helpful as I start thinking about what I want to do for NaNoWriMo this year.

From there I found Fisk's list of writing tools, which includes useful things like a scene plotting spreadsheet and several different word count trackers.

The list also included a link to Holly Lisle's Index Card Plotting Method, which I have a feeling is going to change my writing life once I get around to trying it out for myself.

Not strictly related to writing, but to creativity in general, Tyler Durden's 8 Rules for Innovation is the article that inspired me to stop putting off the "Bully Bait" column I wrote about in the previous post (I've been kicking that idea around for almost a year now), make like a Nike spokesperson, and Just Do It. It's inspiring me to Just Do a lot of things, actually. Here's hoping that inspiration doesn't wane.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...