He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

firehousepartyIt's my second-favorite day of the year! In celebration I gathered old Halloween photos from mine and Matt's childhoods and uploaded them into a Super '70s Halloween Flickr set. Enjoy the mom-made costumes and the retrotastic '70s home decor.

It's a perfect fall day, which should lead to some perfect trick-or-treat weather. I'm spending the rest of daylight puttering around and getting things ready for the lil' beggars who'll be ringing our doorbell after dark. Then Matt and I will carve our pumpkins (and toast the pumpkin seeds, natch!) and maybe have time to squeeze in a scary movie before it's time for me to head off to my local NaNoWriMo kick-off party! The month-long madness starts at midnight, and I'm beyond psyched.

What are your Halloween plans? If you're doing NaNo, are you as psyched as I am? Are you digging in at midnight, or are you going to wait until a more reasonable hour tomorrow to get started? Do tell!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I handed out candy and was very impressed with the number of thank you's I got, not just from the kids but from the parents. And virtually every kid had a parent, except the couple of 16/17 year olds that came through.

I'm gearing up for NaNo. Actually I'll get more excited now that my Halloween duty is done. Now I can settle in and not worry about outside distractions. Of course, some of that excitment could be the chocolate I've eaten. We have plenty of leftover candy this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...