He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

May 22, 2010

A New (Old) Template and Other Changes

You know the old saying about the cobbler's children having no shoes. Well, in the case of this baby, it gets to wear hand-me-downs. I wanted a new blog theme to show off my design skills, but I'm way too busy currently to whip one up for this blog. Since JMBauhaus.com is on permanent hiatus (and I plan to redirect the domain here once Dotster stops holding it hostage) and I'm still too fond of that template to retire it just yet, I made some alterations to make it fit here for the time being.

Other than that, I've been busy tweaking and optimizing and generally prepping this space for the growth that I'm trying to make happen. Still to come are an About page and other static pages that will take this space from simple blog to full-fledged web site. The impetus behind all this scary change is two-fold. First, wouldn't it be awesome if I could make a living --or at least a significant portion of my living -- from blogging? Trust me, it would be awesome. Consider this a jumping off point toward making that fantasy come true.

Second, I'm intrigued by Blogger's recent addition of static pages, and I'm eager to experiment with Blogger as a simple content management system. If it works out, this could be a package I'll be offering someday soon over at The Task Wrangler.

So over the coming weeks and months, expect to see some tweaking and fine-tuning as I work to make SleepyJean.net a fun and cozy hang-out for both myself and my followers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...