He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

June 14, 2010

MyNoEdMo Spotlight: Sean Locke

Each Friday Monday in June (for as long as I have participants to fill the slot), I'll be spotlighting one of the fab and fabulously motivated folks who signed up to keep me company on this month-long goal-chasing quest. If you'd like to join us in achieving your own big goal by the end of June, and subsequently see yourself and your blog spotlighted here, it's not too late to sign up!

Name: Sean

Blog: Sean M. Locke

Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm a family man, a salary man, and I recognize how utterly anonymous that can make someone. Raising a family properly and maintaining a career are fine enough goals of themselves, but I want a little more. I want to be remembered for having done something interesting. Specifically I want to see my name on some paperbacks at Borders. But, you know, there are some steps I need to take before that happens.

Tell us about your project:
My current project is a novel I'm calling _Reciprocity_. It's meant to be a crime novel set in a fantasy Victorian world, or maybe it's a fantasy steampunk novel with crime/noir elements. It was a Nanowrimo project for 2009, and it really needed an overhaul, so that's what I'm doing now. I aim to get a first draft complete by October, so that I have room in my head for outlining Nanowrimo 2010 before November.

What do you hope to accomplish by taking part in MyNoEdMo?
I would like to get this draft finished. I know that completing it in the month of June is pretty much impossible. I intend to use June to re-establish some good writing habits so I can really rock the house in July and going forward.

What's your biggest challenge about getting it done this month?
My biggest challenge is going to be my own laziness, to be honest. I won't use my family or my job as excuses for not getting the writing done. Lots of people maintain a day job and a family and still write a lot. Video games and the like are so much easier to do than writing, and so I will need to keep myself accountable somehow or another!

Any parting words?
Parting words? You've got your threescore and ten, or however long you get, and no more than that. Do something awesome with them, and let people remember your name after you're long gone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...