He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

September 13, 2010

Switching to Disqus for Comments

In my never-ending quest to keep up with the cool kids, I switched the commenting system here at Daydream Believer from Blogger's native comments to Disqus. What this means for you, dear reader, is that you have more log-in options, making it even easier to sign in if you don't have a Blogger account. It also allows for threaded discussion, and it's now a lot easier to integrate your comments with Twitter and Facebook, if you so choose. All in all, it should make for a smoother commenting experience.

I dithered a little between this and Disqus's main competitor, Intense Debate, which also offers a pretty great comment platform. In the end it was Disqus's greater popularity that pushed me in their favor--not because that makes it "cooler," but because there's a greater chance that my readers already have a Disqus account and are already familiar with all the things they can do with it.

And if you don't have a Disqus account, that's fine--you can also log in under Twitter, Facebook or Open ID, among other options. Or you can post as a guest without logging in at all. My hope is that this will do more to inspire discussion among readers instead of just hit-and-run comments directed solely at me; but if it doesn't, that's fine. I enjoy the hit-and-runs, too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...