He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

October 31, 2010

Happy Free Candy Day, Halloweenies!

I have to take back everything I said about ignoring the social side of NaNoWriMo this year. I finally logged into the regional forum a few days ago and saw that they've scheduled Sunday afternoon write-ins at my neighborhood library, so clearly it's a sign from above that I'm SUPPOSED to go, right? They also scheduled a pre-launch meet & greet for this afternoon at Borders, from which I've just returned with "NaNo Survival Kit" goodie bag in hand. I saw some familiar faces from the last couple of years and hit it off with some new ones, and now I'm totally psyched to dive in and get my novelin' on at the stroke of midnight.

I was thinking I might try the Snowflake Method for this year's novel, but it involves a lot of the pre-writing that I said I was going to skip this year, so I think instead I'm going to stick to my original plan to just pants it all the way. This doesn't terrify me as much as it probably should. Although I should probably at the very least spend some time over the next several hours thinking of a good first sentence, so I can hit the ground running.

In the mean time, I need to go clean a big pile of junk off my craft table and gut our pumpkin patch finds so Matt and I can carve 'em up while we wait for the parade of trick-or-treaters to start ringing our bell. After that it'll be a night of classic horror movies and junk food. Hopefully I won't put myself into a sugar coma before midnight rolls around.

These bad boys are about to be lobotomized.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...