He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

October 1, 2010

It's Pumpkin Season!

I had to put down my knitting needles early in the summer when my wrist tendonitis started acting up. But with the weather (finally!) cooling down and the distinctly autumn scents of dry leaves and sweet spice start to fill the air, I'm ready to get my knitty on.

The wrist still can't handle big, complicated projects, so I'm sticking to quick stash-buster projects to help get my mind--and my home--in the mood for fall, like these knitted autumn leaves from Craftstylish and these knit mini-pumpkins from Curly Purly. I'm so in love with the pumpkins that I'll be knitting them in various sizes until all of my orange yarn runs out. It's gonna be a knitted pumpkin-splosion in my house this year. I'll be turning some of them into knitted jack-o-lanterns when we get a little closer to Halloween, too. The only down side to these little guys is that you can't toast the seeds or turn them into pumpkin bread.

Mmm, pumpkin bread.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...