He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

November 29, 2010

NaNoWriMo - Winding Down

There's only one more day left in this year's NaNoWriMo, and I'm only about 2,500 words away from my second "win." I only have one more scene left to write, so I'll probably have to go back and flesh out some earlier scenes to round it out to 50,000.

The last couple of weeks were pretty hectic, so it was hard to keep up. I spent Black Friday safely ensconced in my office, avoiding the shopping crowd and getting my word count up to speed. I wrote about 6,000 that day, and then had to take Saturday off to let my brain recover (and go see Harry Potter), but then I wrote another 3,500 or so at yesterday's write-in, putting that final word count goal within easy reach.

I haven't decided yet whether to knock out that last few thousand today, or if I want to break it up and work at a slightly more leisurely pace right up until the deadline. Either way, the next time I post here, it will be finished, and then we can go back to business as usual.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...