He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

December 27, 2010

One day at a time

Slowly but surely, the mountain is closer to being conquered. It's still pretty dang big, though.

Yesterday, my mom came and helped me and Matt pack stuff up at the apartment. We bagged up a lot of stuff for the charity, and we packed a lot more stuff to bring over here and stash in the garage until Matt's ready to sort through it and make a final decision. There's still more to get -- for such a small apartment, and for two people who didn't own anything to speak of, they sure had a lot of stuff. But the charity is coming on Thursday to pick up the rest of the furniture and Mom's clothes, and I think one more afternoon of packing will take care of the rest. I hope. We're both really tired of going over there.

Today we stuck close to home to rest and recover. I ran some small errands, and spent the rest of the day on the phone, closing Mom's accounts and cancelling utilities. I told myself that today I would spend some time on the stationary bike and do some stretches, and that I'd stop eating fast food, but I'm so sore, and exercise is so hard, and fast food is so easy, and I'm so out of shape right now, but at the moment I'm too tired to care. And New Year's Day is right around the corner, and that's the official day to start doing healthy stuff again, right? So I'm off the hook for a few more days. Right? Riiiight.

Tomorrow, we can pick up Mom's cremains and death certificate from the funeral home, and I'll mail copies of the latter to her creditors. Other than that, I don't know what we'll be doing, but it will probably involve more packing and carrying.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...