He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

December 23, 2010

Today was full of good things and good people.

Rob got moved to a nursing home today. Hooray! We still have to go check it out and take his things to him, but we're all so relieved that he's finally out of the hospital and has a place to call home.

My mom, both my sisters and Li'l Sis's husband came over today to help us move the big stuff, so that's a huge item marked off our giant To Do list. Other than packing up Rob's things to take to him tomorrow, I think we'll be able to take a break from moving till after Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, the "[Matt and Jean] WILL Have A Merry Christmas!" campaign is in full swing, with enough money already raised via the auction to send Mom off in style, and that's just the first item! I... I'm just speechless about that whole thing, and more than a little verklempt. I should also point out that I haven't had any time for work since all of this happened, and I have a feeling this auction will help to soften that blow. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to everyone involved.

The house is a big chaotic mess right now with furniture scattered haphazardly around the living room, and we're both totally beat, but our spirits are the highest they've been since we learned of Mom's passing, thanks to good news and good people.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...