He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

March 13, 2011

Keeping The Faith When Everything Sucks.

This is my new tag line for this blog, and it's also my new focus for it. Just so you know.

I feel like I need to start blogging from the heart about... well, everything. It might seem like I've been doing that, but I haven't. I hold back, I censor myself, I worry about who I'll offend, I worry about causing drama, I worry about being liked.

But for now I need to be a little selfish. I need to worry about me. I need to share the things I'm dealing with, and my fears and insights and the lessons I take away from them. I need to know I'm not alone, and I need to tell others dealing with similar stuff that they're not alone, either.

I debated whether to start a new blog for this stuff. I thought a clean slate might be good to start with, free of any preconceived expectations from myself or anybody else. But I've been in this spot for a few years now, and I'm comfortable here, and the people who care already know where to find me.

So consider this fair warning: if honesty offends you, if frank talk about things like faith in God and Jesus and the Bible offends you, if frank talk about struggling with that faith offends you, if talk about miscarriage and trying to get pregnant and the female reproductive system offends you, if you're offended by me discussing issues with my own brain and behavior and what it all might mean, if you're offended or angered by depression, or ADD, or fatness, or freelancing, or people who struggle to find their way off the beaten path... it's probably best for us both if you just unfollow and stop reading.

For everybody else, I hope this blog becomes as much a source of ministry and comfort for you as it hopefully will for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...