He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

September 3, 2011

New Look, Great Mood, SO LONG SUMMER!

In honor of the unofficial end of summer, I decided to change my blog's outfit for the new season. Lately I've been in love with the combination of teal/turquoise and bright orange/red, and orange is a good fall color. It's also a cheerful color, which will hopefully reflect the more hopeful tone I hope to set around here.

I also added a bit of scripture to the top of the blog. If you're reading this via RSS and can't be bothered to click on over for a peek, it's Psalm 113:9 (NIV): "He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children." This verse is my new mantra, a promise that I'm standing on in my prayers both for myself and other IFers in my blogosphere.

In other news, I'm in a fantastic mood today. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I feel rested for the first time this week. Or maybe it's that I just realized this morning that it's a 3-day weekend. It could also be because today is the last 100+ degree day in the forecast, and next week the highs will be in the 80s all week long. I think my awesome mood is mostly due to the fact that, for all intents and purposes, today is the last day of summer. I mean, let's face it: this has been a pretty cruddy summer, what with gallstones and intense heat and drought and no opportunity for any kind of vacation, not to mention the economy taking yet another nosedive and very nearly killing off my business. Nosir, I am most definitely NOT sad to see summer's backside. Hopefully it will get a good, long rest and not be quite so cranky and mean when it comes back next year.

My plans for the last ridiculously hot day of summer? Stay inside and chill. I'm going to tweak the new layout a bit more, play around with Photoshop, finish reading A Feast for Crows so I can FINALLY start in on A Dance With Dragons, watch Doctor Who and work on my impending grandniece's blanket. Then I plan to spend the rest of the weekend doing yard work and housework, because I always like to put the "labor" in Labor Day.

Oh, and if my Photoshoppery goes as hoped, then I just might have some freebies to kick off the week.

What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...