I've managed to whittle the three big stacks of crap that were littering my desk at the beginning of the week down to one wee short stack of things with which I'm not entirely certain need to be done. I'll work on whittling that stack down even further today, but there are some things in there that my brain is just too tired to deal with just yet. At any rate, it's a tiny enough stack that it has no more guilt attached and therefore it won't disctract me come Monday. And what's Monday? you ask, having already forgotten. Why, Monday, my dears, is the first day of MyNoWriMo. So once I've done as much as I can stand with the short stack I'll be going over my novel's outline in preparation, fleshing it out and getting back into my story head.
Have I mentioned how badly I want to buy myself a laptop? I'm so very tempted to go put one on my credit card with the recently raised limit. I'm not going to, mind, but I'm tempted. I need to keep reminding myself how much more badly I want to eventually own a house and how necessary it is to repair my credit rating for that to happen. I totally sound like commercial for the Fannie Mae Foundation, but that's how it is. I'll just have to keep muddling through without a laptop and remember that writers have written for millenia before the laptop was invented.
Speaking of being able to afford things, I printed off a Social Security Disability Application Starter Kit for Matt. He's never even tried to apply for disability, figuring he didn't qualify because he has a job; but considering he has both an obvious physical disability AND a chronic illness and only has the stamina to work part time and there's a pretty limited range of what he's physically able to do... I think it's worth a shot. I went to the site and filled out a questionnaire and I think we qualify for at least enough to allow us to loosen our belts a little every month. That would be nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment