He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

December 7, 2006

Oh Buffy Squee, How I've Missed Thee

TV Guide has a new interview with Joss Whedon. I haven't had time to read it yet, but I think it's safe to assume it has spoilers for Astonishing X-Men and various other projects, including and especially Buffy Season Eight.

From the latter there is also artwork and full pages from the first issue written by Joss himself. The lettering is teeny and tiny and almost impossible to read on a screen, but somebody over at Whedonesque went to the trouble of transcribing the dialogue and making it legible. It's pretty spoilery, but I will say this: at least one of my fics and everything that upset me about a certain S5 AtS episode has now been Jossed by a single throwaway line. You have to scroll through the comments if you want to see what I'm talking about. The squee, she is restored.

And it has to wait until March! Grrr, arrgh indeed!

The comments section of this post is reserved for discussion of The Spoiler In Question, so join me in there if you want to share my squee.

Squee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until March - I can't wait to see how it all ties together and when we get let in on all the little details.

My birthday in in March - I hope Derek knows what to get me!

Jean Bauhaus said...

I started to pre-order it (you can do so at tfaw.com), but they want more for shipping than they do for the comic, so I figured I'd better wait until I have more things to add to my shopping list. Or find a local shop that will sell it and get on their list.

Brand new Buffy delivered by Joss--what an awesome birthday present!

Anonymous said...

I know! I'm incredibly excited about it, though I know a lot of fic writers aren't going to get it. They are so attached to their own visions that they don't want the explanation.

Personally, I've never let a little thing like canon get in my way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...