He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

February 20, 2007

Becoming Belisi

Ad alert!

As shallow and superficial as the fashion industry can sometimes be, I'm constantly impressed with Belisi's commitment to making a positive impact on their community and introducing responsibility and substance into the world of high-end fashion. Peter Belisi is clearly a self-made man, and reading about his humble beginnings in his blog post, Belisi - How it Started, is pretty inspiring, and goes to show how much simply looking the part of a successful person helps to actually become successful. It's pretty neat that something as seemingly insignificant as a quality tie collection could help to elevate someone from bartender to fashion guru.

What's more impressive is Belisi's commitment to giving back to the community that helped him achieve his current status. Any time you buy products through the "Luxury With Meaning" program at Belisi, they'll give a portion of the proceeds to the cause of your choice. Back in my retail days I used to sell luxury handbags, and I couldn't imagine ever spending so much money on a purse when I could use it to do some good in the world. I know it would make dropping upward of a hundred bucks on a handbag a lot easier on my conscience to know that some of that money was going to charity. I would definitely rather give my money to a company that cares about more than just the bottom line.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...