I'm fairly certain I've discussed here before that I sometimes suffer from night terrors, but I don't know if I've mentioned my suspicion that they might be tied to sleep apnea (commonly misspelled as "sleep apnia"). After reading up on the condition, I'm even more suspicious. I rarely wake up feeling well rested, it's not uncommon for me to wake up with a headache, and, embarrassingly, my husband says I snore. Also, the article mentions that it's hereditary, and although he was never formally diagnosed, we're pretty sure my dad had it. I keep putting off seeking a diagnosis for a number of reasons, but chief among them is vanity. I don't really want to have to wear an oh-so-sexy oxygen tube to bed every night. My husband already pokes fun at my sleep mask. But also mentioned in the article is the possibility of less severe/embarrassing forms of treatment. Between that and the mention that sleep apnea can lead to heart disease (another thing my dad suffered from that I need to be on the watch for), I'm adding this to the list of things I need to ask about the next time I go to the doctor.
February 20, 2007
Why I'm tired all the time
Ad alert!
I'm fairly certain I've discussed here before that I sometimes suffer from night terrors, but I don't know if I've mentioned my suspicion that they might be tied to sleep apnea (commonly misspelled as "sleep apnia"). After reading up on the condition, I'm even more suspicious. I rarely wake up feeling well rested, it's not uncommon for me to wake up with a headache, and, embarrassingly, my husband says I snore. Also, the article mentions that it's hereditary, and although he was never formally diagnosed, we're pretty sure my dad had it. I keep putting off seeking a diagnosis for a number of reasons, but chief among them is vanity. I don't really want to have to wear an oh-so-sexy oxygen tube to bed every night. My husband already pokes fun at my sleep mask. But also mentioned in the article is the possibility of less severe/embarrassing forms of treatment. Between that and the mention that sleep apnea can lead to heart disease (another thing my dad suffered from that I need to be on the watch for), I'm adding this to the list of things I need to ask about the next time I go to the doctor.
I'm fairly certain I've discussed here before that I sometimes suffer from night terrors, but I don't know if I've mentioned my suspicion that they might be tied to sleep apnea (commonly misspelled as "sleep apnia"). After reading up on the condition, I'm even more suspicious. I rarely wake up feeling well rested, it's not uncommon for me to wake up with a headache, and, embarrassingly, my husband says I snore. Also, the article mentions that it's hereditary, and although he was never formally diagnosed, we're pretty sure my dad had it. I keep putting off seeking a diagnosis for a number of reasons, but chief among them is vanity. I don't really want to have to wear an oh-so-sexy oxygen tube to bed every night. My husband already pokes fun at my sleep mask. But also mentioned in the article is the possibility of less severe/embarrassing forms of treatment. Between that and the mention that sleep apnea can lead to heart disease (another thing my dad suffered from that I need to be on the watch for), I'm adding this to the list of things I need to ask about the next time I go to the doctor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment