He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

March 29, 2007

Maybe Britney should go here

The following post is sponsored by Watershed.

Drug Treatment is, thankfully, something I've never even had to consider for myself. Sadly, I have had family members in my lifetime who haven't been so fortunate, and even more sadly, I can't really say that the local programs they entered had any lasting success. Maybe that has something to do with the clinical, sterile setting that made my dad's 28 days feel to all of us more like a prison sentence than an opportunity to improve our lives. I'd be interested to see some research on how much of Watershed's success rate is tied into the design and atmosphere of their facilities. They have two locations in Florida and one in Houston, Texas, all of which look relatively inviting for drug treatment centers. The one near Palm Beach, Florida looks more like a resort than a clinic. It almost makes me want to abuse some substances just so I can check in there for a month. Seriously, though, they also have phone counselors, assistance and referral programs to help those who either can't afford or can't travel to one of their clinics. For someone with a chemical dependence who needs to make a change, this might be a good place to start.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...