He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

April 25, 2007

It's nice to be appreciated.

If there's one thing my accidental career in corporate administration has taught me, it's that when the boss asks if you have lunch plans, it's generally best to say no. This is how I suddenly find myself scheduled to go out today with CAG and our bosses for an Administrative Professionals Appreciation Week lunch instead of spending that hour literally sweating my ass off at the gym. As this is the second such lunch in a row (yesterday was a group lunch for the entire administrative staff, at which I totally caved and ate a giant cookie. Bad Jean!), I suppose I'd better make it a priority to find the time to get sweaty at some point today.

In other news, because, yes, there is a bit more going on with me today than coffee stains: I passed the 20,000 word mark on the novel this morning! Woo and hoo! This puts me about one-third of the way toward the end, and the current chapter wraps up the first act and kicks off the second. I didn't get as much time to write as I'd hoped this morning, but I'm still on track to finish the first draft by mid-summer. Matt and I are talking about cashing in his old 401K to help pay some bills and go ahead and buy a new computer, because we've reached a point where having our own working computer is a necessity bordering on emergency. Once that happens I should be able to get some writing done at home, too, which should speed up my progress considerably. Even if it doesn't, though, mid-summer isn't so far away as to be too daunting a finish line.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...