He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

October 25, 2007

250: It's a (jump)start. Also, Jensen on TVG

After a week of fiddling with my outline to work in the Big Fix, this morning I finally sat my butt in the chair and typed out 250 fresh new words on the novel. I don't know yet whether they'll be keepers, but considering it's 250 words more than I've written in the previous two months, for now I'll take them. At any rate, The Hero Factor is moving forward again, and it feels fabulous.

I think 250 words/day is a goal that's both reasonable and attainable. The thought of keeping up my 1,000/day quota had become as intimidating and discouraging as Tyra Banks on an ANTM panel (note to Ebony: good for you, chica! [/digression]). 250, I can do. It might not sound like a lofty goal, but it's an accomplishable goal that will result in progress, nevertheless. I'm all for progress.

The important thing is, I'm writing again. Whee!

***

In TVBF news, TVGuide.com has posted an interview with Jensen Ackles. I've not had time to read it yet, so I don't know if it gets spoilery. Read at your own risk.

Mmm, Dean.

Oh! And in Supernatural news, last week I FINALLY got Husband to watch it with me. It was just an amazingly fortuitous coincidence that it happened to be a Ben Edlund-scripted ep. Needless to say, he liked it, and plans to keep watching it. Here's hoping the non-Edlund writing can continue to live up to the pretty high bar that last week set for his expectations.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...