He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

October 23, 2007

Be-mused.

I'm feeling better, but I'm way behind, so I'mma have to skip the TV Boyfriends again this week. I'm so sorry. But somehow I'm sure you guys will find a way to go on without the beefcake.

In other news, I'm stupidly excited to have just purchased one of these for a mere $24.95 (+S&H) on eBay. This might very well be the answer to my lack of a laptop, no computer available to write on at home, no portability woes, and should pretty much eliminate any lingering excuses I have for not writing.

And there have been so many excuses lately, what with the health problems and the fainting drama and the crazy-busy times at work, and I almost cried when I realized today that it's been two months since I've actually written on my novel. It hasn't all been a giant waste of time-suck, at least--apparently during that two months off my subconscious kept working out a story problem that I didn't even realize was a problem, and all of a sudden this weekend the answer that I didn't even know I needed to the problem I didn't even know I had started playing itself out as big as life on the movie screen inside my head, so at least now I've got some inspiration again, if I can only make the time for it.

This will involve "killing some of my babies," as the writer-speak goes; namely, it will mean sacrificing a scene that I've been harboring and nurturing and imagining for about three years now, the scene that was more or less the inspiration for the novel in the first place, and that will be painful. But if it ain't working, it gotsta go. And I think I like my new idea better, anyway, so that works out.

Speaking of writing and inspiration, today I discovered I Should Be Writing, a podcast "FOR wannabe fiction writers BY a wannabe fiction writer," and have been enjoying it immensely, mainly in being inspired not to beat myself up for my long lapse in productivity.

And on a final writing note before I shut up, I'm not doing NaNoWriMo this year, seeing as how I'm still working on last year's NaNo project; but I plan to hang out in the trenches and cheer the rest of you crazy kids on. Best of luck to the lot of you. I'm glad it's not me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...