He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

January 23, 2008

Wordful Wednesday

The plan is to post book reviews on Wednesdays, but today got away from me, so I'll keep it simple:

What I'm currently reading:

Watchmen (Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons) - finally. Yes, finally, meaning I've never read it before, and I'm aware of how much that tarnishes my geek cred. This was my final Christmas gift from Husband, who also never read it, but plans to after I'm done with it.

Into Thin Air (Jon Krakauer) - Husband has a bit of an obsession with Mt. Everest, and he really wanted me to read this. I'm glad I complied. It's terribly good. Terribly sad, but good all the same.

A Cook's Tour (Anthony Bourdain) - Husband also urged me to read this one. Non-fiction isn't generally my cup o' tea, but I enjoy Bourdain, for the most part, so I gave in. It's a good read--he's really as talented a writer as he is a snarky chef--but I just wasn't in the mood for non-fiction, so after a few chapters I put it down in favor of Jane Austen's Persuasion, which is awesome, and the recent Masterpiece Theater version (with Giles!) is on my DVR, and I'm dying to find time to watch it. I still plan to get back to the Bourdain, though, and I tend to keep any book I started and plan to finish on my "currently reading" list.

Heaven (Mur Lafferty) - I'm not "reading" this one so much as "listening to" it, since it's only available in podcast form. I've been meaning to get to it for weeks, and I finally started it today. It's pretty entertaining so far, and it made some of the more tedious parts of my job a breeze.

And those are the words I'm ingesting as of this Wednesday. What are you reading?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...