He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

January 14, 2009

Chocolate painkiller cocktail, stat!

"Honey, I'm Home"Some days, dear reader, you just don't feel like trying to be clever on your blog. Some days, all you feel like doing is sitting on a couch with a pillow tucked behind you, drinking hot tea and eating things that are cheesy and/or chocolaty, watching marathons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer's most angstiest episodes that never fail to make you cry, and cursing your woman parts for being cursed. And cursing your job's new sick leave policy that essentially says you can't call it a day and go do just that if you want to keep on doing things like getting paid full wages. At least I have the pillow, and the tea, and something cheesy to nosh. But I could inflict some serious violence on someone to get some chocolate right now, and also some painkillers that actually kill pain.

But hey, you guys, it's not all pain and suffering and PMS clichés here in the land o' Jean! Because today I finally took some initiative and did something I've been blathering about for a long time (maybe not to you guys, but trust me, there has been blather) and enrolled in a copy editing course online through Mediabistro. I also ordered my books and submitted all of my receipts to HR for reimbursement. I should probably be writing this all up over at Bauhaushold, but please see above re: not feeling like it today. Although I should probably suck it up and go do that anyway. Anyway, I'll be letting you know how that goes, and whether the class is worth the $425 they charge for it. If I felt better, I'd be full of excitement and squee; but as it is, I'm closer to feeling terror at the prospect of taking an intensive six-week class while trying to revise my novel. I just have to keep reminding myself that the novel took this long to write because I've taken longer breaks without giving up on it, and it will still be there in six weeks, and this class can only improve my revisions, all of which are very good reasons to chill. So I'mma be gettin' me some more ejumukayshun, hopefully of the sort that will finally start me down the path away from low-paying administrative heck. That would be nothing less than peachy keen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...