He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

March 9, 2009

Oh, bratwurst. Must you always be my enemy?

Oy. I feel like poop today, dear readers. I'm going to make myself sound like a giant lush if I keep posting about my alcohol-related mishaps, but what I originally thought was my first ever official hangover is, I'm beginning to suspect, actually a mild case of food poisoning, which was what the giant shot of rum was supposed to prevent. Yes, food poisoning again. From an undercooked bratwurst. Yes again again. For I am just that dumb.

It wasn't like the first time, when I knew the brat was undercooked but ate it anyway because I was a stupid newlywed and I didn't want to hurt Husband's feelings. This time, the brat was smothered with tomato sauce and looked fine when I started out. I'd almost eaten the whole thing when I finally noticed that the center was still pretty pink. That's where the rum came in--I hoped an alcohol chaser would kill any bacteria before it could kill me. Which, considering I'm sitting here typing and not in the bathroom wishing I was dead, I'd say the rum helped. I could be wrong, of course. It could be something else. But I'm weak, I have chills, and my tummy is not at all happy. Not. At. All. And then, there are allergies. Spring is here! How do I know? Because my eye is swollen, my head hurts and I can barely breathe. Good times!

And please don't even get me started on Daylight Savings Time. DST, you are on my list.

So today is the most Mondayest of Mondays that I've had in quite some time, and it's taking me forever to get around to my To Do list. Blogging is on it, though, so at least I can check that one off. I also haven't updated my Livejournal in at least a month, and I have a story to post over there later today for my LJ friends to read. If they approve, then I'll be shopping that one out to the paying markets. Also on my list is to get back to updating The Bauhaushold Report, which is crying out for a redesign. I was waffling again on whether to keep that one going or just take it down, but it's a slightly more professional presence than this one, and a better place to show off my copy writing/editing skills. And that's only a few items on a very long list, so I should really wrap this up and get busy.

Right after I go lie back down for a while. Stupid bratwurst.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...