He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

August 12, 2009

Goal FAIL

Pants Fail: It's almost noon and I'm still in the shorts and tank top that I wore to bed last night. At some point I'm going to have to at least put on a bra for the sake of the air conditioner repairman, but I'm not feeling particularly motivated to go beyond that, considering our current lack of AC.

Health Fail, with a side of Breakfast Fail: I was on a pretty good workout streak the last couple of weeks, getting up early and going to my sister's to work out with her in her nice little home gym setup. But she's back in school this week (she teaches), and neither of us are willing to get up as early as we'd need to to get in a workout before she has to head to work. I have every intention of putting our stationary bike to good use and getting back into a Pilates routine, but so far I just can't be bothered. And to compound matters, this morning I was all out of my Kashi cereal, and couldn't be arsed to prepare anything requiring more effort than said cereal. And so instead of a healthy and nutritious breakfast, I helped myself to a bowl of Husband's Cap'n Crunch. I'm on a bit of a sugar high right now, but I know I'm going to regret it so hard later.

Work/Writing Fail: I have so many excuses, and some of them are really good ones. I attended my friend's funeral on Monday, for one. That extended into a mini-high school reunion with several of the girls that Stacey, Tess and I hung out with in high school, and ended with Tess being all, "Dammit, Jean, I don't care if you're broke, we have to break this terrible cycle of drifting apart and start hanging out on a regular basis before one of us dies." I'm paraphrasing a lot there, but that was the sentiment. So I need to figure out how to work a regular Dollar Movie Night into my schedule. Anyway, the reunion broke up just as a major storm hit, and since I was much closer to my mom's house than I was to home, I went there to take shelter and wait out the storm. Fat lot of good that did me, though, since I still drove right into another storm front on the way home from mom's. By the time I got home, I was too exhausted to do anything but eat dinner and stare at something on Hulu until bedtime.

Yesterday was another full day. First was a birthday lunch and shopping with my mom and Big Sis (it was the latter's birthday), followed by running all over town on my own to take care of errands. Again, by the time I was done, I was too tired and brain-fried to contemplate doing anything useful. I'm an introvert, and that much socializing and running around takes a lot out of me. That's really no excuse. I could have come home and taken a quick nap, and/or gone for a spin on the stationary bike to clear my head, and then at least managed some novel edits before bed time.

But my personal goal for this week was to just go easy on myself, since I knew it was going to start out hectic, stressful and sad. So instead of worrying about it, I'm going to give myself today to recharge my batteries and catch up on a couple of projects I've fallen behind on--namely, my standing weekly blogging gig and my serial novella. Tomorrow I'll get back into the routine, pants, healthy breakfast and all.

Are you guys doing a better job of meeting your goals this week? Tell me about it in the comments.

1 comment:

Nobody said...

My condolences (and hugs) regarding your friend.

My day has been largely unproductive (aside from groceries). Well, I guess you could say that I've been doing research most of the day (true). But haven't produced anything.

Finished another website last week, but now they want changes.

Ate too many cookies yesterday. But you would not BELIEVE these cookies. No regrets. :)

Let's get back on these horses... horses were made to fall off of anyways.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...