He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

August 4, 2009

Tuesday Goal Report

So far, so good. I was fully dressed by 10:30 this morning, but I didn't get back from my workout until after 10, so I'm not going to count the extra half hour against myself.

On the editing front, I offered my manuscript up to the beta pool, but so far there aren't any takers. That's understandable -- people are busy these days, and beta-reading a rough novel is a pretty big undertaking. I might finally have to break down and join some kind of writing group for this one. In the meantime, Holly Lisle gets another link here for her One Pass Manuscript Revision method (seriously, if you're a writer, just go read everything on that woman's site. It's rare to find so much useful info in one place). I'll be going through that with my manuscript, and maybe it will be all I need to get past the plot problems that are hanging me up. Starting tomorrow, though; I used up my writing/editing time allotment today on a nice, long chat over coffee with Husband.

As for the wireframes learnin', I'm going to get started on that today. Yesterday I was too busy with other client work, but today I have time to give it proper focus.

And that is why these are weekly goals instead of daily ones. Some days, you're just not in control of your time. There was a time when something like Husband wanting to sit down and discuss something would have made me really anxious over having to give up time that I was planning to devote to something else. I still struggle with that sometimes, but I'm getting a lot better at learning to be flexible with my time and take things as they come. That kind of flexibility, I'm finding, is a necessity when it comes to doing freelance work.

How are your goals coming? Feel free to share your own progress in the comments.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...