He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

September 25, 2009

In Which Lame Blogger Is Lame

First, the "Lame Blogger Apologizes For Being Lame By Not Updating" portion of today's post - sorry, y'all. I wish I could say I've been too busy to blog, but the truth is that I just haven't felt up to it lately. I haven't felt up to much at all, really. I haven't been sick with the flu or anything, but it's been one thing on top of or after another keeping me down. The SAD and allergies I wrote about last time, hormonal wackiness, insomnia and other disordered sleepy-time fun, and inadvertently ingesting things that didn't want to leave my stomach without a fight have all added up to me spending most of my waking hours on the sofa, wrapped in an afghan and alternately staring unproductively out the window or at my laptop screen. "Bleah" pretty well sums up how I've been feeling lately.

Unfortunately (or thankfully, all things considered), business has been pretty slow the last couple of weeks, so I had the luxury of being able to give into the bleah-ness. I did manage to work up a few short bursts of productive energy, during which I added some Halloween and pet items to my Etsy shop, cobbled together a couple of custom backgrounds for both of my Twitter profiles, and offered the latter up as a new Task Wrangler service.

I think I'm starting to get back to normal again, finally. I realized the other day that I haven't worked out or eaten particularly healthful meals since I started feeling poorly, and that without either of those things I was going to continue to feel poorly, so as of yesterday I'm working out and eating decently healthy things again, and that's helping. I finally started drafting a formal business plan yesterday, which is helping me feel motivated on that end of things, and I got the approval I've been waiting for to start coding on a new web site I designed for a client, so that should help pull me out of this funk. I'm also feeling funky about having barely touched revisions on my novel in the last two weeks, so I'm gonna spend some time on that after I finish this post and eat some (healthy) lunch.

Aside from those things, my goal for the weekend is to shake off the rest of this funk so I can get back to my regular routine by Monday, when I intend to start posting weekly goals again. And also possibly to bake some cookies. Snickerdoodles or peanut butter, I haven't decided which.

What about you, dear reader? Is it just me, or has this change in season (and mold spore levels) thrown you for a loop as well? And which type of cookie do you prefer? Make me unreasonably happy by weighing in in the comments.

3 comments:

Robert McKay said...

I've been feeling bleh for a couple of weeks now. I'm having trouble writing my novel and I'm letting that discourage me. I'm barely writing and that is causing my feelings of inadequacy to snowball to the point where I do almost nothing. I've had my share of not feeling well in there as well though I think that is probably the least of my problems. So, what I'm saying is I feel your pain. I'm going to try to pick myself up as well. We can do this!

Oh, and I prefer peanut butter cookies...with dark chocolate chips. That reminds me, they are now making dark chocolate reese's peanut butter cups. I should try to find some of those.

Jean Bauhaus said...

Mmmm, Reese's. Haven't tried the dark chocolate version yet, but Reese's Halloween Pumpkins are one of my favorite things about this time of year.

We CAN do it! Seriously, I know what you mean - I don't think anything contributes to a writer's depression and overall feelings of blechiness more than not writing. Sending good writing vibes your way.

Stevie said...

I'm blah too. I'm blaming it on Mercury retrograde...its recharging time! Or, it could be that I'm caged-in with two little ones while rest of my household is traveling the World. I prefer the peanut butter cookies. :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...