He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

June 12, 2010

MyNoEdMo Progress, Or Lack Thereof

I haven't done any editing since Tuesday. I have a good excuse for Wednesday - a copy writing assignment for a client ended up taking all day and all evening, and by the time I finished my brain was nothing but mush. Then on Thursday, I just hit a wall. Since the beginning of the month, I've been pushing myself daily to keep up with all of these various projects, despite feeling more tired than usual lately, and I guess it all caught up with me.

Sometimes, when I go too long creating output at too intense a pace, I just run out of steam and I need at least a couple of days to let my brain rest and just take stuff in. I've learned that it's best to just go with it, when it happens, instead of trying to fight it and keep going, because when I fight it, the quality of my work suffers. The sooner I give in, the sooner I can recharge and get back on top of my game. The upside of being a freelancer is that it's usually pretty easy to rearrange my schedule and take a break when I need it. So that's what I've been doing the last couple of days -- resting, reading and watching DVDs with Matt while my batteries recharge. Today I'm feeling a little more up to creating output again, but clearly, I need to figure out a way to pace myself better to avoid hitting another wall any time soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always good to take that break and refil the well.

Stevie said...

Yep, don't resist the R&R! Take a break and sharpen the saw. Thanks for being awesome, btw!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...