He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

August 19, 2010

How Jeanie Got Her Groove Lack

This has not been the best week for me, productivity-wise. It got off to a rocky start on Monday when we spent over an hour trying to jump-start Matt's truck before finally giving up and deciding it needs a new battery. After that I still had several errands to run, and by the time I finally sat down to work, my focus was shot and I was good for nothing.

Tuesday was better. I spent all day writing articles for Demand Studios, which is pretty much my full-time job until my business picks back up. I wrote enough for a decent day's pay, but I was still frustrated because I could have done more if I didn't have focus issues. I know there are people on there who can hammer out 10 articles or more a day. I've never been able to manage more than five--which is really enough to make ends meet, but wouldn't it be nice if I could write enough to actually make some extra money for a change? Sigh.

Yesterday I actually managed to knock out a couple of articles despite not being home most of the day. Thanks to an online ordering screw-up with the university bookstore, we had to drive to the campus 45 minutes away in my hometown to pick up one of Matt's textbooks so he can study for a test on Friday. And since we were in town we figured we might as well visit my mom, which was lovely, but there went any chance I had of getting more than two articles, or anything else, done that day.

Which brings us to today. And here I am blogging instead of article writing, but I have to figure out how to fit blogging in somehow. I haven't even had time to think about topics for my Task Wrangler blog, which is no way to build up a readership for that one. And don't even get me started on the state of my house, which still looks like a camp site blew up all over it a week and a half after our return. It was great and necessary for us to get away for our little camping holiday, but it totally messed up my groove, and I'm still struggling to get it back. And of course Matt's ready to go camping again as soon as the weather cools off and his schoolwork lightens up a bit, so most likely I'll find my groove again just in time for that to happen, because that's the way these things go. Such is life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...