He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

November 1, 2010

Hey! Ho! Let's 'Wrimo!

I'm not planning to do a daily progress report here, but it seems fitting to go ahead and do a NaNoWriMo kick-off post, if for no other reason than so you don't have to stare at our jack-o-lanterns all week. It's the end of Day 1--at least, as far as I'm concerned--and I've got 2,021 words of brand-spanking new novel under my belt to show for it.

This is mostly thanks to staying up to write until 2:00 this morning. I then planned to get up at 10:00 and put in a couple more hours before starting my work day, but the problem with staying up late to write is that when I lie down and turn out the light my brain wants to keep writing, which is not conducive to falling asleep at any hour even remotely reasonable. Which means I slept right through my allocated morning writing time, and had to make it up with word sprints squeezed in between client projects throughout the rest of the day.

But that worked, and that's the important thing. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get up on time and hit my word count early in the day, but if not, this sprinting-between-projects method isn't a bad alternative.

How'd your first day go, fellow WriMo-ers?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...