He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

November 15, 2010

NaNoWriMo Week 3

Today is the halfway point for NaNoWriMo, and I'm about half way to the 50,000 word goal. I'm actually about 400 words behind; yesterday's write-in group got kicked out just five minutes too early for me to hit 25,000. I meant to make up that last few hundred last night, but after catching up on some housework I instead succumbed to the allure of all of the TV shows I still needed to catch up on.

Yesterday's write-in was a lot more productive than last week's. I wasn't the only one who thought it would be a good idea to remember to bring earphones this time, and there was a lot more writing than talking getting done as a group. I ended up writing about 3,500 words at the write-in, more than making up for my lag after last week's events. It's a good thing, because I don't know if I'm going to find the time to write today. Maybe if I did that instead of blogging....

By now I think I have a pretty good idea what my story is about, although I still have no idea where it's headed, if that makes any sense. I've started plotting out about three to five scenes at a time instead of strictly making things up as I write, which I think is working better for me and giving the story a sense of direction.

How's you're NaNo going? Are you leaving me in your dust, are you struggling to catch up, or are you like me and steadily plodding along, right on track? Or have you gotten to the point where you're ready to toss in the towel?






Update on Step-Dad-In-Law: We went to see him on Saturday. He's still hooked up to the ventilator in ICU, but while we were there he was conscious enough to nod his head to let us know he could hear us. He still has a lot of fluid in his lungs, but his blood counts are slowly improving. All in all, it was an encouraging visit. We'll try to visit him again in the next day or two.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...