He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

April 14, 2011

365: 5

I thought I'd switch it up and post a web cam pick today, thereby giving you a break from my dirty bathroom to show you my cluttered and cat-filled office instead:


Stats:
Weight - 189ish
Mood - Pretty good, but a little sleepy
Cat - Niblet

And now I'm all covered in scratches because Niblet's claws are overdue to be clipped, we can't find the nail clippers, and she's about as graceful as a bull in a China shop.

The one good thing about this project is that it's giving me an incentive to wash my face, get dressed and comb my hair even when I'm not going anywhere. Not that you can tell about my hair, since it all fell in my face while I was cat-wrestling and trying not to get clawed. The other thing that strikes me is that I look a lot like my mom in this picture.

I'm "a little sleepy" because I didn't sleep so great last night, although I think I probably got slightly more sleep than Matt, mainly because it was hot and we're trying not to turn on the AC yet. As much as I'm loving the warmer weather, it does have its drawbacks.

That mound of clutter you can glimpse behind me is mostly my late mother-in-law's things, including all of her files, piled up on my craft table. I need to either sort through it or just box it all up and move it to the garage, but I haven't had the time, energy, or heart to deal with it yet. I'm not really sure what to do with the files, anyway. I guess we can just throw them out? I can't imagine why we'd ever need her old check stubs or bills or receipts, now that she and Rob are both gone, but I'm afraid to toss them, just in case. Anybody have any experience with dealing with the paper files of the deceased?

1 comment:

Cynthia Thorp said...

Do yourselves a favor a go through the files NOW. Just get it done with and be done with it. If there are no accounts oustanding or possible future claims for, insurance, disability, etc then most if not all of it can be tossed. But deal with it now. One thing before you are done completely you might want to do a search for unclaimed funds via the state website, just hit the state's website and search for "unclaimed funds." There might not be anything, but who knows, five/ten minutes on the internet isn't much to waste just to be sure. I know my father closed up my grandmother's estate then discovered there are unclaimed funds that he won't claim, because her estate has been closed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...