He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

May 7, 2011

I've made up my mind.

Finally. After a lot of waffling about whether to keep the writing and publishing stuff here or move it elsewhere, I revived my Livejournal to serve as my writing and publishing blog.

I was leaning toward keeping it here. I've already got two business blogs (although I think I'm about to kill one of them) and various affiliate blogs that I don't even tell people about, and I'm already feeling spread a little thin. But a commenter pointed out that I should think about how comfortable I am with people coming here for writing & publishing discussion knowing so much about my personal life. That actually didn't occur to me; I tend to lack filters sometimes and I can be the queen of TMI (I know Matt often wishes I would be less open about my personal life on the Internet). But since I've thought about it, I realize that I would probably feel a little self-conscious and start censoring myself if, shall we say, less than understanding people came here to read about writing and got an eyeful of RPL/IF wailing and moaning. And I need my safe place to wail and moan about this stuff. So ultimately I think it's for the best if I keep the writing and self-promotion separate.

So if you're interested in following along as I journey into the world of self-publishing and blog about the process, mosey on over to jmbauhaus.livejournal.com.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...