He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

May 23, 2011

Project Oven Progress

I haven't shared my progress in a while, and as you can see, I've pretty much abandoned the 365 project. I knew when I started it that it would be a surprise to everybody, myself included, if I stuck with it. I had hoped that it would motivate me to get out of my freelancer's uniform of PJs and grungy workout clothes and to actually clean up nice on a daily basis, but as you can see from the majority of pictures, that wasn't happening. Oh well.

My weight loss has slowed down since the weather started screwing up my regular workout routine. There for a while I was too disgusted with myself to even bother weighing, but when I weighed in the other day I was down to 173, so it's still headed in the right direction. I'm working on forcing myself to do some form of work out even if the weather's too bad to walk or jog (and it's been weeks since I've actually jogged). Really, with the PCOS and insulin resistance I need to just accept that I need to give regular exercise as much importance in my life as healthy eating and regular sleep. Of course, that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I think we've decided to forgo the glucose test, at least for now. Matt reminded me that I can just use one of the half-dozen blood sugar monitors we've got lying around the house (a couple are his that he never uses, and a few were my inlaws') to monitor my blood sugar and see if I'm improving. But first I need to dig out all of the supplies and match up the right test strips to the right monitors.

If I don't show improvement after another month or two of losing weight, we'll revisit the topic of going on Metformin. In the mean time, I'm thinking about starting on NAC. Does anybody have enough experience with that to offer any advice about it?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...