He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

November 4, 2011

Giving Thanks: My Poncho

I have this poncho that I picked up at the Salvation Army thrift store a few years ago, right after we moved into our house. It's ugly 1970s burnt orange and dark brown, with fringe, and my husband hates it, but I love it so much. I break it out every year this time of year, and I wear it almost continuously until spring comes and the house gets warm again. It's machine knitted and it hangs down past my knees and covers my arms, and it's pretty much like a wearable afghan. I think I like it better than I would a Snuggy, because it's loose and gives me plenty of freedom of movement. I would be a very sad Jean in the winter months without my poncho, and I'm so thankful for that day I turned around in the Salvation Army store and saw it hanging on an end-cap display and knew I'd found the winter clothing equivalent of my soul mate. I ♥ my poncho.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...