He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

August 28, 2006

Bad Head Jean

Cats and dreams kept waking me up last night. So I finally woke up for good this morning with a grumpy attitude, made worse by allergies that are making it extremely difficult to keep my head up and my eyes open, and making my sinuses feel like they're going to explode any second now. As if that's not bad enough, I forgot to go over my 401K paperwork with Matt this weekend, it's due today, and this stuff gives me a headache under the best of circumstances. Also, work is busy. So here's the condensed version of the weekend:

Shower on Saturday. 'Twas your standard hen party, but fun. L'il sis and her friends did a fab job putting it all together and they didn't subject me to any embarrassing shower games (I'm sure she's saving up all the humiliation for the bachelorette party). We came away with a pretty good haul, including the portable propane grill Matt was hoping for and, best of all, a digital camcorder from his mom that, bless her heart, she must have been saving up for since we first mentioned the M word in her range of hearing. It's awesome, and way better than anything we could afford, and now we can cancel the layaway on our video camera and put that money in the honeymoon spending fund. Thanks again, Mom.

Also Saturday, as mentioned in the picture post, I picked my dress up from the tailor's, and L'il Sis (and friends) and Tess all stuck around after the shower to get the flowers done. The bouquets turned out better than I hoped for, thanks to Tess's guidance and good eye for these things. And while we worked on the bouquets, Sis's friend Christy did the groomsmen bouttiniers (sp?) and mom corsages, and did a lovely job. Thanks again, Christy.

Sunday was a sedate co-mingling of resting and doing chores. Somewhere in there I managed to burn our unity candle song and recessional music (Ode to Joy) to a CD for the wedding (the Inn will take care of the processional) and upload pictures. Nothing too exciting, but I feel accomplished.

I ate many very unhealthy things over the weekend, haven't worked out since Wednesday thanks to cramps that have made it pretty clear that all of my previous cramps which I thought were from Hell were really only from a lesser Heck dimension somewhere, and I'm feeling fat and bloated and just plain ick. I'm back on the healthy eating train so far today, though, and the cramps seem to finally be subsiding (please dear God in Heaven) so maybe I'll get in a workout tonight and I can start feeling better soon.

That's it for now, since unfortunately these 401K papers aren't going to fill themselves out. Bleah.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...