He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

August 29, 2006

Trauma-drama-rama

Current conditions: 66° F and overcast with an expected high of 80° F. Omigosh I love this weather! *hugs phony fall day and begs it not to leave*

Today is a good day. I'm feeling about ten times better than yesterday, despite a late night last night (more on that in a minute). I can breathe, for one thing, which by itself is a vast improvement. It would be a better day if I could stay home with Matt (it's his day off) and break in our new propane grill and bask in this gorgeous weather. But I can't, so I'll embrace a day in which I can breathe and not have cramps and make it to work without melting as a damn good day.

The only thing that would elevate today to truly fantastic is if I had gotten to bed early as planned last night, but, well, there was pet drama. And trauma. Pet trauma drama, in which the cats took their fight over to Fizzgigg's side of the couch and his left eye came out on the losing end of somebody's claw. He's okay--it turned out to be a fairly superficial scratch that missed his cornea, thank God, and he's got antiseptic eye drops to keep it from getting infected while it heals. But thank God for Matt, is all I have to say. When it first happened there was blood everywhere and, see, Fizzgigg's allergies are worse than mine so his eyes are usually gunked up, so while I tried to hold him and stop the bleeding these bloody eye boogies kept coming off on the tissue and I thought it was chunks of eyeball and I gotta tell you, I did not handle that well at all. But Matt took him from me and calmed us both down and cleaned the poor puppy up enough to see that it was just a scratch, but it was bad enough that we'd better get it checked out. So we got to share our first experience of taking our "baby" to the emergency room in the middle of the night. As for Fizzgigg, he's a trooper. I swear, I've never had so much drama with any single other animal as I've had with this little guy. He's an accident magnet like his mama. So he seemed to take it all in stride.

Needless to say, when we got back home, the kitties got their claws clipped. They took that less well. Pusses.

So, I'm tired. But there's still the breathing and the not having cramps and the fabulous weather. It's a good day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...