My reverse psychology on the Job Fates seems to have worked. I've actually got some down time, and my article is inching along. I'm writing on Eureka Springs, where we got married, which would probably be our more realistic spring break destination if I had any vacation hours to use. We're talking about heading over there in May after Matt's finals are done instead. It's actually a lot like Bath, for as much as I was actually exposed to Bath, wherein it has that same artsy-bohemian creative vibe I mentioned in my last post. Plus, pretty.
Anyway, my article, should it ever see completion, is an info piece on the wedding industry there. I've got plenty of other article ideas lined up behind this one, too. It's just a matter of squeezing in the time to write them.
Somewhat relatedly, I'm starting to consider financing a laptop. Most likely through Dell, since my company has a membership in their employee discount program. I would much prefer to save up the money and pay cash up front, but it's gotten to the point where having my own computer is a necessity, and this would allow me to have it sooner rather than later. Plus the payments would be small enough that I could pay it out of my personal allowance. I think I'll wait and see how the Prosper thing goes first (still waiting on them to verify my identity and approve my registration), because I wouldn't want any credit checks pinging my credit report and causing any problems for me there; plus if I can pay off the credit cards and reduce my debt to income ratio that'll improve my chances for low-interest financing, I think. At any rate, this is definitely one of those "talk it over with my husband first" things, so you can be sure that if I make the decision to buy a computer this way it will have been examined from every possible angle.
No comments:
Post a Comment