He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

March 14, 2007

Spring break? What's that again?

Ad alert!

I think my husband will be on spring break next week. We have no plans—or at least I have no plans, thanks to my still being in the hole on vacation hours; but he probably has lots of plans, and they probably involve a lot of sleeping and reading for fun and not studying. Even so, it's got me dreaming about what we would do and where we would go if time and money weren't obstacles.

Spring holiday breaks in the UK definitely come to mind. I think Bath, England would be one of my top choices. I think I've mentioned here before how I got to spend like three hours there once on a day trip from London that also took in Stone Henge and Salisbury Cathedral, and we spent about two and a half of those hours in the Roman Bath museum. Ever since I've wanted to get back there and explore the village. It had a kind of funky bohemian artsy air that I really dug.

If I had the time and money, I'd be tempted to book a trip right now -- and I wouldn't have any trouble finding a hotel, either. The last time I had to book a hotel at the last minute was for a trip to Six Flags Over Texas, and that was so long ago that I actually had to use a telephone to call area hotels and check availability. There goes that Internet again, being all useful and convenient.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...