He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

May 28, 2008

Camp Sanity

This horrible, no good, very bad month is coming to a close, and I think I'm finally getting my equilibrium back. The writing has picked up, my creative juices are flowing, I've got a semblance of organization going, and I even made it back to the gym this morning. I haven't been to the gym in weeks. I haven't shaved my legs in that long, either, and sorry for the TMI, but leg-shaving, like gym-going, is just too much to deal with when you're having a month like mine.

But this morning I went, and I swam, and I shaved, and I even wore a skirt and high heels, and it didn't feel like tons and tons of effort. Well, the swimming did, since I've fallen completely out of shape, but it felt like good effort. Maybe this is all because I spent my Memorial Day weekend primarily resting in bed with a good book, and man, I can't tell you how much I needed that. I'm feeling a little more like me again. It's a nice feeling to have.

Better yet, Husband and I actually get to go on a real, actual vacation next month in the form of a camping trip with a gaggle of in-laws. I normally don't tend to be too big on the entire concept of camping, but I'm so desperate for a getaway that this feels like a God-send (actually, they do this every year, but this is the first year we'll have been able to make it). It will be the first time we've gone further than Tulsa for anything, and also the first time we'll have spent more than a day away from home, since our honeymoon. So bring on the camp fires and the sleeping bags and the swimming holes, and even the stifling heat and the bugs. It's still a break from the routine, and that's what I need so very, very much.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...