He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

May 22, 2008

My new boss wears stripes

This month continues to be insane. Between Fizzgigg, getting sick, and this week's visit from out-of-town relatives, my sleeping pattern is completely whacked out, and my motivation is nil. What I need more than anything is a long weekend of sleeping, novel-reading, and tequila-based cocktail (hee!) sipping on a secluded beach somewhere on the Yucatan to calm my frazzled nerves and reset and recharge my brain to then tackle everything anew (yes, my ideal vacation is a Corona commercial). But since that's so tragically far from actually happening as to be comical, I'll settle for a new system that removes the anxiety of decision-making from the question, "What should I be doing right now?"

Enter the concept of Time Striping, which might just be my sanity's salvation. I don't even have to worry about how to approach it, since the article's author so helpfully provided a downloadable form. All I have to do is think this one time about how to organize my work day, plug it into the schedule, and I'm done. Then my wheels start spinning at any given time of day and I start to suffer decision paralysis, I need only glance at the schedule, and it tells me what to do. It's 10 AM? I should be blogging! It's after 2? Time to file my inbox attachments! No guesswork! No guilt at neglecting twenty other things for the sake of another! I like this plan. We shall see if this plan likes me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...