He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

December 15, 2009

Improvement Is Happening

I'm starting to feel better, and I'm having some success in knocking out that "Overwhelming" list. Tackling it in itty bitty chunks has been working pretty well. My brain still has a mild cottony feeling, but it's better since I got the toughest tasks marked off. Doing that was like opening a release valve in my brain - it literally, physically felt like some of the pressure leaked out of my head, and made it a little easier to focus.

I'm still working on the list, but I crossed out "Overwhelming" at the top and replaced it with "Totally Doable." So that's a big improvement right there. My daily routine is back in full swing, which is doing a lot to make me feel normal again. Of course, the hospital bills are coming in, so I've got to spend some time on the phone getting all of that worked out, which should be all kinds of non-fun. But where last week it would've wiped me out for the whole day, this week it's simply an annoyance, and I can deal with it and move on. At least, I hope I can. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...