He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. —Psalm 113:9

April 25, 2011

Write On

I put the Inkygirl 250 Words a Day Challenge badge back up in the sidebar, because I'm finally ready to get back to it, and there's no reason on this earth why I can't make enough time each day to get down just 250 more words. And under the badge I put my cover mockup for Dominion of the Damned, because that's what I'm currently working on.

Remember way back in November when I said I signed up for Holly Lisle's Plot Outline Mini-course? Well, I signed up, but I never got around to taking it. So I pulled it up this weekend and spent most of the last two days going through it and re-working the plot for DotD, and now I'm ready to get my writin' on. And today I wrote 388 words of opening scene, so I'm already ahead of the low, low curve I set for myself.

And it feels awesome.

What's less awesome is the fact that a writer who's spent two days holed up hatching a new plot quickly devolves into something entirely less than photogenic (or smell-ogenic, for that matter), which is why my 365 project has faltered at only day 15. I'll most likely pick it back up tomorrow.

Yay writing new fiction!

2 comments:

David Michael said...

Sounds like good stuff all around. You go! =)

-David

Jean Bauhaus said...

Thanks, David!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...